In case you are wondering about possible questions that might arise concerning proper funeral customs or etiquette, the following information might be helpful:
- Thank you cards are appropriate to mail one to two weeks after the service to the following, (if applicable):
- Those contributing to memorial organizations or churches
- Those who sent flowers or Mass cards
- Friends and neighbors who helped in special ways
- Those who brought food
- Those who sent cards (optional)
- Church group or church which assisted with food or in other ways helped
- Those who participate in the service (music, readings, etc.)
Note: It is not necessary to send acknowledgment to people who sign the register book.
- You may want to send a note of appreciation to the clergy
- Customary ways to sign thank-you cards are:
- The Family of (deceased's name)
- (Deceased names)'s Family, or
- Your name
Additional thank-you cards are available, if needed, and can be picked up at the reception desk.